September 24, 2019
Mechanical Design Engineer – E-Switch
The Mechanical Design Engineer at E-Switch plays a critical part in maintaining the high level of quality and service that our customers have come to know and expect from our products and our employees.
As the Mechanical Design Engineer at E-Switch, you will be responsible for all facets related to engineering and quality support for our entire electromechanical switch line.
- Oversee failure analysis of customer product failures - including visiting with customers and reviewing manufacturing processes at the customer's site when needed.
- Establish and maintain accurate and complete technical information and specifications on all E-Switch products.
- Partner with the Director of Engineering on all quality needs for new product introductions of switches.
- Partners with engineering in the testing and evaluation of switches for specified projects.
- Provide engineering expertise and support to our Sales team - internal and external (distributors).
- Oversee incoming quality control review and analysis as needed.
Core Competencies and Qualifications:
- BA/BS degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- 5+ years experience with electronic/electrical lab testing.
- 5+ years experience in electro-mechanical components.
- Prior experience working with UL or other safety agencies.
- Prior experience and knowledge of environmental regulations such as RoHS, REACH, California Prop. 65.
- 3D modeling experience.
- Manufacturing knowledge in industries such as PCB Assembly, Soldering, Molding, and Stamping.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Results oriented driver who posesses the ability to act and implement effective solutions in a timely manner.
- Creative, yet pragmatic problem solver.
- Must posess excellent planning, execution and project management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to interact successfully with all levels of management as well as a diverse workforce.
- Consumate professional with a high level of integrity and honesty as well as personal credibility.
Product Compliance Engineer – E-Switch
The Product Compliance Engineer is responsible for all co-listing activities with the safety agencies regarding all products. In addition is responsible for all of the duties associated with any of the environmental reporting details, such as RoHS, REACH, Conflict Minerals, etc.
Major Duties and responsibilities:
- Work with approval agencies such as UL and VDE for testing and co-listing of switches.
- Communicate and work with our suppliers to assure proper documentation of all agency and environmental data.
- Understand and make sure we are compliant with all environmental regulations.
- Generate all documentation as required.
- ·Help in other areas as seen fit by the Director of Engineering
- 5+ years hands-on experience in electrical/mechanical test lab conducting various testing.
- Familiar with specifications from approval agencies such as UL and VDE.
- Knowledge with electro/mechanical switches plus.
- Experience and knowledge Safety and Environmental Regulations
- Fluency with computers and business software.
- CAD experience is highly desired.
Qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to contact Julie Engen at firstname.lastname@example.org.